These metal detectors are Treasure Mountains Top 5 metal detector picks with our PERSONAL REVIEW.
Treasure Mountains Top 5 (For those who know about Treasure Mountains Test Field - These Detectors Passed!!!! For those who do not know of Treasure Mountains Test Field it is a test area that has coins ranging from wheat pennies all the way to silver dollars to relics buried at depths of no less than 6 inches to 12 inches and some relics buried at 15 inches and believe it or not there is very few detectors that can detect every coin with accuracy in this field.) These coins have been buried for years and some even masked by trash items, so this test field is as real as it gets!!!! You can also check out my videos on the test field to see if which detectors passed and which ones did not.
#1 Minelab CTX 3030
1. The Minelab CTX 3030 Metal Detector is the Ultimate Treasure Finding Detector! Whether you arfe looking for Coins, Relics, Jewelry, Gold or Silver the Minelab CTX 3030 is phenomenal! The reason for this is Minelabs FBS Technology, the CTX 3030 hunts on 1.5khz - 100khz frequencies simutaneously which results in superior target identification and depth so no treasure will be left behind! Also the CTX 3030 has the most advanced technology and is years ahead of most metal detectors on the market today wth its GPS capabilities, saving finds, internet updates and amazing features like the target trace! The only con about the CTX 3030 is the price but let me tell you it is definitely worth it to the serious detectorist who wants to have the best finds! Also with the Special Deals Treasure Mountain Detectors has on the Minelab CTX 3030 Metal Detector you cant go wrong! This is why the CTX 3030 is the best overall metal detector on the market!
2. XP DEUS - If you can afford this detector - GET IT!!!! (even if you can't afford it, call me). The Best Metal Detector is the XP Deus Metal Detector - This metal detector is great in trashy areas, there is no metal detector that will touch the recovery speed and discrimination of the XP Deus. You think the F75's , T2's and AT Pro's are fast, you can set the XP Deus's reactivity on 0 which is the lowest setting and it is still faster than any of these!!!! Some people say it does not get good depth which honestly if your just running factory preset programs the majority of them are deisgned for iron infested areas so there for you will not get superior depth unless your in the relic program, but there are plenty of custom set ups that will make the XP Deus a deep seeking machine which i would be more than happy to share with you. It is light weight, wireless, easy to travel with and with the options that XP are working on like the waterproof kit, downloadable upgrades and new coils the XP Deus Metal Detector will be the ultimate all around metal detector to meet all of your Treasure Hunting needs. Once you buy the XP Deus Metal Detector you will not have to worry about trading it in for a new detector because all you have to do is download the newest version from your computer to the XP Deus remote and instantly you have a NEW Detector, also the brains of the XP Deus is in its Coils, so if you have the stock coil and the 13x11 DD coil you basically have two seperate metal detectors.
3. Garrett AT Pro - This detector is in my honest opinion the "Best Bang For The Buck"!!!! This detector is all terrain and has a mid grade detector price tag but acts like a top end detector. This detector is really good with discrimination in those trashy areas, especially with the 5x8 DD coil and it gets really good depth. Now this detector only passed the test field with the stock coil but you only lose a couple of inches by using the 5x8 DD coil. This detector can also be used in salt water by notching down the ground balance which is a big plus for a VLF detector. This detector has a standard mode which would be excellent for beginners and when you feel that you have the experience you can use the pro mode which will unleash the AT Pro's full power and capabilities. So, the AT PRO gets good depth, good discrimination, good id accuracy, good price tag and its 2 modes standard and pro makes this detector Treasure Mountains Top 5 Metal Detectors to have.
4. Fisher F75 SE LTD - The Fisher F75 SE LTD is an excellent all around metal detector whether your looking for coins, jewelry or relics! This detector gets superior depth and can even get more depth in the boost mode! When Fisher designed this detector they set out to make the ultimate all around detector and they suceeded. You will see the top relic and coin hunters from around the world using this detector because of its ability perform in those highly minerlized areas to sniffing out those good targets in the iron infested areas that other detectors could not read because of the masking. The Fisher F75 SE LTD is truly a great all around metal detector for parks, beaches, iron infested areas and deep woods hunting. Superior depth, great discrimination, great visual and tone id and comes with 2 coils and a 5 year warranty!
5. Teknetics T2 SE LTD comes in at #4 and for one reason DEPTH!!!! Out of the 20 years I have been detecting, I have never used a VLF detector that gets this kind of depth. Treasure Mountains infamous challenging test field which is known to make the top end detectors fail miserably (except for a few) the Teknetics T2 Se LTD passed with ease!!!! I have a silver quarter BURIED at 12 inches and the T2 picked it up like it was 3-4 inches deep, so I raised the coil about another 3-4 inches off the ground (so know were talking about 15-16 inches BURIED and the T2 still picked it up!!!!! Where the T2 really shines is in Relic Hunting and the reason for thios is because Teknetics designed the software specifically for Relics by allowing the T2 to accept more iron targets that would normally be trash on other detectors readings and tones but comes in as good target to dig on the T2. The T2 team wins the Grand National Relic Shootout every year and you can not go wrong with this detector whether your hunting Relics, Coins or Jewelry!
Get the latest treasure finds, news, guides, and 'secret' deals from our web store.
Follow the conversation on our Facebook Page. Leave a comment. Hear the latest from treasure hunters like yourself.
Visit Us on Facebook
See our Top 5 tested metal detectors. Learn why we thought these detectors are some of the best around.
Top 5 Detectors
Get our recommendations on which metal detectors are best for the type of treasure hunting you love.
Our Top Recommendations